What you will learn
- Know how to research and find available grants
- Understand the fundamental elements of a grant proposal
- Develop the skills needed to prepare professional, competitive, compelling, and successful grant proposals
- Become proficient in the proposal format used by the vast majority of public foundations
- Know the roles and responsibilities of a non-profit board of directors and the management team
- Become knowledgeable on the fundamentals of legal writing, including analytical reasoning and analysis
- Learn how to word, edit, proofread, and format basic documents for daily use within an office environment
- Learn the fundamentals of the budgeting process including how to prepare a budget and manage a budget in a business
- Examine the essential aspects of fundraising and how to maximize fundraising opportunities
How you will benefit
- Become a valuable asset to any organization or project seeking grant funding
- Jump-start a career in the nonprofit sector
- Develop a professional vocabulary that can be used to write grant applications or communicate with clients and peers
- Help deserving organizations in your community find funding with your skillset
You should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, be comfortable navigating the Internet and sending emails, and have an understanding of a word-processing computer program (Microsoft Word is recommended). This course is intended for anyone interested in developing their grant writing skills.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Office or equivalent (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. The following textbook will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- The Only Grant-Writing Book You’ll Ever Need
- Demystifying Grant Seeking: What You Really Need to Do to Get Grants
- Managing A Nonprofit Organization
- Handbook for Writing Proposals