What you will learn
- The basics of freight brokering.
- How to use the documents and software common to the industry.
- All about transportation law, insurance, and agreements and contracts.
- How to set up and run your business, including recordkeeping, determining quotes, and negotiation and marketing techniques.
How you will benefit
- Freight broker school can provide you with the resources you need to obtain your brokerage licensing/authority from the federal government.
- Graduates will be able to participate in our weekly job opportunity event called Resource Friday—read more about it below.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However since this course focuses solely on U.S. domestic freight brokering, it is recommended you are interested in doing business in the United States.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.