What you will learn
- Learn how to write a grant proposal
- Know how to tap into non-profit funding sources
- Know the roles and responsibilities of a non-profit board of directors and the management team
- Become knowledgeable on the fundamentals of legal writing
- Develop practical managerial skills, including marketing non-profit, financial management, human resource development, and fund resource development
- Understand licensing, permits, and taxes, and learn the basics of the budgeting process
How you will benefit
- Become a vital asset for any nonprofit organization looking to raise funds
- Learn how to communicate professionally within the nonprofit community
- Develop managerial skills that will enable you to supervise both projects and people
- Jump-start your career as a research analyst, program coordinator, grants administrator, foundation coordinator, grants account clerk, grants manager, or grant writer
There are no specific prerequisites for this course; however, basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate the Internet and use email, are required. This course is intended for anyone interested in developing their grant writing and nonprofit management skills.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Office or equivalent (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- The Only Grant-Writing Book You’ll Ever Need
- Demystifying Grant Seeking: What You Really Need to Do to Get Grants
- Handbook for Writing Proposals
- Managing by the Numbers: A Complete Guide to Understanding and using your Company’s Financials
- Strategic Planning: A Pragmatic Guide
- Managing a Nonprofit Organization