What you will learn
- Counseling and communication techniques
- Poverty, Cultural and Socioeconomic Variables
- Understanding Consumer Protection Law
- Banking essentials
- Credit industry knowledge
- Credit scoring knowledge
- Credit counselor ethics
- Evaluating Alternatives to resolving debt
How you will benefit
- You will receive the NACCC Certified Credit Counselor designation after passing the final exam
- You will learn counseling techniques to help clients reach their financial goals
- You will learn banking and credit fundamentals to educate clients and help them eliminate debt and improve credit scores
- You will learn credit counselor ethics and other information to help future counselors work ethically, professionally, and legally
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Speaker and video capabilities.
- Access to webcam for final exam proctoring.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.