Certified Bookkeepers are the elite of their profession, much like CPAs are the best in the accounting field. Gaining industry-recognized certification increases your earning potential and enhances your professional status. This course prepares for American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) certification as well as Microsoft Office Specialist and Expert certification exams for Microsoft Excel 2019.
Gaining AIPB certification is the highest standard in the profession, so this course is recommended to practicing bookkeepers with several years of experience and a working knowledge of payroll concepts, including accounting transactions and journal entries
The Certified Bookkeeper course is designed for experienced bookkeepers who want to prepare for national certification. To succeed in this course, you must have at least two years of experience as a bookkeeper before enrolling.
If you do not meet the experience requirement, we recommend our Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks course, which is designed for entry-level bookkeepers.
Certification Exam Prerequisites:
To earn your Certified Bookkeeper designation, you must pass the AIPB certification exam and be able to submit proof of at least two years of full-time – or 3,000 hours of part-time – experience. Click here for more information about the requirements for the AIPB Certification exam.
- This course must be taken on a PC device. A Mac OS is not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later operating systems.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Microsoft Excel (not included in enrollment).
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Other: Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The AIPB provides the six workbooks that are required for this course:
- Mastering Adjusting Entries
- Mastering Correction of Accounting Errors
- Mastering Payroll
- Mastering Depreciation
- Mastering Inventory
- Mastering Internal Controls and Fraud Prevention
In addition to the six workbooks listed above, you will also receive:
- two exam vouchers that cover the full cost of part one and part two of the Certified Bookkeeper exam, and
- a membership to AIPB
Books/Materials/Exam Fees are non-refundable upon registration.