What you will learn
- Medical office management and legal, ethical, and regulatory concepts
- HIPAA compliance and third-party guidelines for filing insurance claims
- Hands-on, practical experience in medical billing and coding
- Medical Terminology and the structures and functions of the human body
How you will benefit
- Prepare for the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam and the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Prepare for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam and the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, in order to sit for national certification exams, candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent; therefore, it is recommended you have this before enrolling for this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Windows Media Player or a similar program.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Administrative Medical Assisting
- A Guide to Health Insurance Billing
- CPT Professional Edition
- HCPCS Level II Professional
- ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with Guidelines
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions
After successfully completing your course, you’ll also receive access to the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) online CPC Exam Review course, to help you study for your certification exam.