This comprehensive National Healthcareer Association (NHA)-certified course bundle will train you for one of today’s fastest growing careers. Upon completion, you will be eligible to sit for the NHA’s CEHR and CCMA certification exams. This course includes a voucher which covers the fee of the exam. You will also have the opportunity to gain access to our Externship Starter Kit.
In the first course, you will learn how medical law, ethics, and HIPAA rules factor into a clinical medical assistant’s work. In addition, you will be trained to use scheduling systems, facilitate patient check-in and check-out, assess medical record, administer injections, and more. You will also study body systems and their main functions, so you can assist with patient exams.
The second part of the bundle will train you in electronic health record (EHR) systems. You will learn how staff members and patients interact with EHR systems, what benefits these systems provide, and the steps to implementing an electronic health record system.
You need a high school diploma or GED in order to take the CCMA and CEHRS exams.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible. The electronic health record (EHR) software within the course is only accessible through Internet Explorer.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- The Paperless Medical Office: Using Harris CareTracker
- Administrative Medical Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions