Medical Billing and Coding is one of the fastest growing careers. Employment of medical coders is projected to grow 15 percent, which is more than double the average for all occupations. Healthcare workers are in high demand due to the increased medical needs of an aging population and the increased number of Americans qualifying for health insurance. This means there are numerous job opportunities for this type of position across the country.
The CCA Medical Billing and Coding course will prepare you for an entry-level career within the healthcare industry. You will learn current medical coding standards, to help you accurately track patient accounts and find gainful employment within this growing workforce sector.
This course is designed to help you successfully prepare for the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam, offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). This course includes a voucher which covers the fee of the exam.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, in order to sit for national certification exams, candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent; therefore, it is recommended you have this before enrolling for this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- A Guide to Health Insurance Billing
- CPT Professional Edition
- HCPCS Level II Professional
- ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with Guidelines
- Professional Review Guide for the CCA Examination
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions