What you will learn
- Understand the structure of an ICD-10-CM code
- Navigate the layout of the ICD-10-CM coding manual
- Identify and apply the steps required code diagnoses and procedures using the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding manuals
- Describe the layout and guidelines of the ICD-10-PCS
- Identify the characters that make up an ICD-10-PCS code and identify each character’s purpose
How you will benefit
- Jump-start your career as a medical coder, medical administrative assistant, front office coordinator, or insurance claims specialist
- Learn how to code to better serve the needs of patients, healthcare staff, physicians, and IT specialists
- Set yourself apart from competitors by learning skills within a niche industry
In order to take this course, you should have some knowledge of medical terminology. Education in anatomy and physiology is strongly recommended, but not required.
This course is for anyone in the healthcare industry who wants to master medical coding in general, and/ or ICD-10 medical coding specific. Coding experience is not required.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- Windows 8 or newer.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Understanding ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS: A Worktext
- ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians
- ICD-10-PCS Expert