What you will learn
- Everything you need to know about the travel industry, including airline and ground transportation, hotels and resorts, cruises, tours, specialty travel, and more.
- All about the international and domestic travel destinations that you are most likely to recommend and sell to your clients.
- How to market yourself as a Travel Professional
- Customer service skills needed as a Travel Professional
How you will benefit
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to sit for the Travel Agent Proficiency (TAP) test, offered by the Travel Institute (formerly ICTA)
- Through our partnership with Travel Placement Services (TPS), students who successfully complete the course are eligible to be connected with a TPS representative.
- You will have the knowledge you need to get started in your travel career.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. This course is for you if you want to enhance your travel industry knowledge or jump-start your career in the travel industry.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Travel Career Development and accompanying workbook
- Exploring the World, Geography for the Travel Professional and accompanying workbook