What you will learn
- Overview of the hospitality business
- Introduction to essential hotel management roles
- Areas of management, including staff leadership, activity and event coordination, and food and beverage roles
- Foundations of integrated disciplines including business management, hospitality and tourism, logistics, and record keeping
How you will benefit
- This course provides fundamental knowledge and skills required to work in the hotel industry
- Learn the basics of hotel management without committing to years of study
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- This course is preferred with the latest versions of Windows and Mac OS. Although the versions listed below are compatible, it’s strongly recommended to have the latest operating system for an optimal experience.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
These recommended reference materials are optional, but it’s recommended that you purchase the latest version of them to ensure your skill set is up-to-date:
- David K. HAYES and Jack D. NINEMEIER – Hotel Operations Management
- Leonardo INGHILLERI & Micah SOLOMON – Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit: The Secrets of Building a Five-Star Customer Service Organization
- Micah SOLOMON – The Heart of Hospitality: Great Hotel and Restaurant Leaders Share Their Secrets
- Jokima HILLER – 7 EASY Ways to Show Your Employees YOU Care! A Booklet for Hotel Managers and Others