What you will learn
- Learn how to run an event from start to finish
- Become a master of time management
- Understand how to manage other people, including coworkers and temporary event staff
- Master creating contracts, obtaining permits, and meeting safety regulations
- Learn how to set and work within a budget for large-scale events
- Know how to calmly and effectively work with peers, vendors, and clients
How you will benefit
- Acquire the fundamental skills to jump-start your career as a wedding planner or special event coordinator
- Be able to run an event from start to finish while staying within your proposed timeline and budget
- Develop solid communication skills and understand job-related terms that will enable you to work well with vendors, clients, and coworkers in the industry
- Demonstrate to potential employers that you’re serious about a career in event planning by enrolling in this course and receiving your certificate upon completion
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. It is taught at the college level and requires the basic high-school level academic competencies. You should have a high school degree or the equivalent, basic liberal arts knowledge, and an understanding of and interest in different cultures. You will also need a basic understanding of computers and must be comfortable navigating the Internet.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following e-books will be provided to you after registration:
- Art of the Event: Complete Guide to Designing and Decorating Special Events, by James C. Monroe, CMP, CSEP
- Special Events: Creating and Sustaining a New World for Celebration by Dr. Joe Goldblatt, CSEP
NOTE: The e-Books are non-refundable.