What you will learn
- Interview new clients and event stakeholders to create a scope of work, including venue selection, floor plans, seating accommodations, timelines, and checklist required to ensure a successful event outcome
- Create backup plans and apply security measures
- Apply event planning formulas to the rollout, setup, and execution of any corporate event by implementing critical path methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices
- Set budgets and service charges
- Research the market to present a proposal of options to meet the event budget restrictions set by a client/event
- Price services and incorporate additional fees for sourcing rentals
- Document events and perform a “postmortem” process to encourage “lessons learned” in every event at every location
How you will benefit
- Become a Certified Corporate Event Planner
- Gain the skills to plan and design successful corporate events
- Learn to execute any corporate event by implementing critical path methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices
- Learn how to set budgets and charge for services to more effectively run your own business
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, you should have general knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Google Docs.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Tablet owners need to download Puffin Web Browser App
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Windows Media Player.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- S.M.A.R.T. Corporate Event Planning