What you will learn
- Explain the concepts of heat transfer, Btu, temperature, heat content, sensible heat, latent heat, pressure, gas laws, and work, and describe how they apply to air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Describe the four basic components that make up the vapor-compression refrigeration cycle
- Identify the four major system components and explain their functions in the refrigeration system
- Properly install an air-conditioning system and put it into operation
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems in an air-conditioning and heat pump systems
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared to sit for the NATE Ready to Work Certificate Exams
- You will be prepared to sit for the HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Certificate Exams
- You will be prepared to sit for the EPA 608 Refrigerant Handling Certification Exam
- Use real-world simulations included in this program to get “hands-on” experience
- Soft skills simulations included in the course will help sharpen your customer service skills
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, we recommend having a high school diploma or GED. If you have the required work experience to take the NATE or HVAC Excellence certification exams, or currently hold Ready to Work certificates and have 2 years of work experience, it is recommended that you take the HVAC/R Certified Technician course. Please research your state’s requirements prior to enrollment to ensure this course is a right fit for you.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Webcam and microphone for testing.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible. A 64-bit browser is required for the simulations.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment.
The following optional material will be available online:
- EPA Section 608 Preparatory Manual
The following optional textbook will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- DEWALT HVAC Technician Certification Exam Guide