20 COURSE HRS
Do you love working with kids? A career in childcare could be perfect for you. This online course in childcare and education will allow you to earn your national Child Development Associate (CDA) certification and achieve your career goals as a teacher or childcare professional. This convenient, affordable CDA class allows you to work at your own pace in a flexible, self-directed online learning environment—and go on to a fulfilling career shaping the minds of the future.
The Child Development Associate Training course was designed especially for working adults. Upon completion of the course, you will have earned the 120 hours of professional development required by the Council of Professional Recognition for CDA certification. The course is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Don’t let a busy schedule keep you from the career of your dreams. If you’re looking for CDA classes near you, look no further than the comfort of your own home. You can enroll anytime and fit the lessons into your life—no need to adhere to a set class schedule. Start preparing for your future now!
What you will learn
- The development stages for infants, toddlers, and pre-school-age children.
- How to establish positive and productive relationships with personnel, parents and families, and children.
- How to effectively manage a childcare facility.
- Procedures and strategies to provide a safe and enriching childcare environment
How you will benefit
- Complete the professional development requirements you will need in order to apply for the National CDA Credential.
- Prepare for a career as an elementary or middle school teacher, substitute teacher, preschool or childcare provider, or nanny or babysitter.
- Earn a certificate of completion you can add to your resume and use as a steppingstone to career success!
Child Care & Education Courses – 12 CEUs
- Childcare & Education I
- Semester 1: Business Aspects of Child Care Facilities
- Semester 2: Personnel Techniques and Procedures
- Childcare & Education II
- Semester 1: Establishing positive relationships with parents and families
- Semester 2: Providing a safe and secure childcare environment
- Childcare & Education III
- Semester 1: Development stages for infants, toddlers, and pre-school age children
- Semester 2: Effective techniques for fostering positive self esteem
- Childcare & Education IV
- Semester 1: Early childhood academic and enrichment activities
- Semester 2: Managing behaviors, resolving conflicts
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.