Senior HR professionals play a critical role in managing the strategic vision of a human resources department. This online course bundle will help you advance your career in human resources to a more senior level.
The Senior Professional in Human Resources course will prepare you for the Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) exam, which measures your ability to manage and lead HR processes. You will gain skills in the five primary areas of an HR department: Business Management and Strategy, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Compensation and Benefits, and Employee Relations and Risk Management.
Payroll is a vital extension of most human resource departments. The Payroll Practice and Management course covers all critical areas of payroll administration and management. You will gain an understanding of the major components of the state labor code in your chosen state.
This course will prepare you to sit for the HRCI (Human Resources Certification Institute) SPHR exam. In order to qualify for the SPHR Certification, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or higher, or
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree, or
- Have at least seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma
This course will also prepare you to sit for the SHRM (Society for Human Resources) SHRM-SCP exam. The qualifications to sit for this exam are:
- HR Related program + 6 years a professional-level HR position, or
- 7 years in a professional-level HR position with no HR related program, or
- HR-related bachelor’s degree + 4 years in HR role, or
- Non-HR bachelor’s degree + 5 years in HR role, or
- HR-related graduate degree + 3 years in HR role, or
- Non-HR graduate degree + 4 years in HR role
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer operating systems.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Other: Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Managing Human Resources
- PHR/SPHR Professional in Human Resources Certification Deluxe Study Guide